Join with a group of 30 volunteers for an amazing opportunity over a week to experience another culture, gain practical experience and make a difference in the community.
What's it about?
- Meeting with the people and children who will benefit from your hard work
What would I do?
- Working with local trades people on community and school projects
- Assist the community to make sustainable model to replicate
When and Where?
- annually in October / November for a week
- region is Masaka in Uganda
How do I take part?
- Submit an application form for the next upcoming programme
- Get fundraising to reach your target of €3,000
- Included is your flights, accommodation, airport transfer, meals & insurance
Build Together Week 2012
CEDF, together with 15 Irish Volunteers, traveled to Uganda on 25th of Nov 2012 until 2nd of Dec for the blog
about his time in Uganda.
Each volunteer needed to raised 3,000, these funds raised will help
- Fit-Out of a Vocational & Secondary School, .
- Purchase Chairs, Desks, Paint and decoration for the School.
- Develop Organic Gardening of an acre of land.
Build Together Week was successful due to the hard work and commitment of the volunteers. We would like to take this opportunity to thank Tullow Oil for their on-going support especially on this project.
On 4th of Feb 2013 st. John the Baptist Secondary School opened its doors for the first time with 50 students enrolled and studying at the school. The new school has the capacity of enrolling 450 students per year.